First blog posts are always a little awkward and difficult. So Therefore, I decided to list a few of my favorite things:
- Coffee- Jordan and I are huge coffee lovers. Especially, vanilla iced coffees. We usually have a coffee date at least once a week where we sit, drink coffee, and just talk about life. It’s one of our favorite past times and always takes us back to our dating days when we would go to our favorite coffee shop and study for finals.
- running- Running is one of my first loves. Running is actually how Jordan and I met (we were on the same cross-country team). Running is my “me time” where I distress and collect my thoughts. I am so grateful that so many people in my family share the same passion. My mom and I run together a few times a week and have completed a 10 mile race together. I love that we share this passion together! I am now currently training for my first half-marathon in January. – stay tuned for more on this!3. Traveling- I love exploring and learning about new places, especially with my hubby. Hawaii is on my bucket list. 4. Gymnastics- Growing up, Gymnastics was my life. I would train between 20-25 hours a week. I have so many great memories from my gymnastics days and will treasure them forever. I still enjoy watching gymnastics and learning new and upcoming things about the sport. I love the fact that I was a gymnast, it has taught me so many things and will always be a huge part of me.
5. Baby teeth- This one goes hand in hand with being a pediatric dental assistant. My job is exhausting at times but I love it. I love helping kids gain a new confidence by fixing their smile. Kids come in with a full mouth of decay and come out with pearly, white Chiclet teeth.
6. Chalk painting/DIY- Jordan and I just recently purchased our first house and needed a way to furnish and design it on a minimal budget. We love turning trash into treasure. More of this to come! – stay tuned.
7. The beach- the beach is my happy place. I could sit on the beach all day and not move. I love watching the waves come in and feeling the sand in my toes.
8. Weddings- I may be biased but my wedding is my favorite. I also love going to weddings. I love seeing all the different decorations and how it all reflects the couple’s character and personality. It is so refreshing to go to a wedding and see two people in love and make a commitment to honor, love and cherish each other. It is also such a great reminder and example of God and his church. 9. All things Disney- Jordan and I love all things Disney(ok maybe not the waiting in lines for hours part, but pretty much everything else). We spent our honeymoon in Disneyland and it was a blast. Although it was spring break and extremely crowded it was still such a great time. We can’t wait to take Carson one day and experience Disney through his eyes!
10. Studying God’s word- Last but certainly not least, I enjoy reading and meditating on God’s word. He is the author and perfector of my faith and I am completely lost without my savior. I would love to say I am perfect in this area but I am certainly not. The lord is refining me and growing me everyday.